Noritz Launches NRCR Condensing Tankless Heater, Combining Hot-Water Recirculation with 0.97 UEF Rating
Two residential models, with maximum inputs of 165,000 and 199,900 Btu/h, offer dual, stainless-steel heat exchangers with category-best, 15-year warranty.
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CALIF. (JANUARY 12, 2019) — New from Noritz America, the NRCR Residential Condensing Tankless Water Heater Series uses a fully integrated pump to keep hot water close to even the farthest outlet in the home, minimizing the wait and, therefore, the waste of unused potable water down the drain. The Auto Mode on the new NRCR quickly learns household water usage and automatically triggers recirculation-loop activation in line with that expected usage. The correct water temperature is delivered quickly when and where occupants need it the most.
Download individual images as lo-res (web ready; .jpg; RGB) or hi-res (print ready; .tif; CMYK)
Available with inputs of 165,000 Btu per hour and 199,900 Btu/h, the new NRCR series delivers a premium solution to meet the growing demand for hot-water recirculation. Both models carry an ultra-high Uniform Energy Factor (UEF) of 0.97, while offering the superior durability of dual, stainless-steel heat exchangers. The corrosion and heat-shock resistance of this high-grade material permits an industry-leading, 15-year warranty.
Other key features include:
- Whole-home, hot-water service: The 199,900 Btu/h model (NRCR111-DV) meets all the hot-water needs of residences with up to 4.5-bathrooms; the 165,000 Btu/h model (NRCR92-DV) is designed for homes with up to 2.5-bathrooms.
- Less-expensive and easier-to-install venting involves 2-inch or 3-inch PVC or CPVC pipe, instead of stainless steel: with vent runs up to 65 feet for 2-inch pipe; up to 150 feet for 3-inch. Also available: Common venting of multiple units with no need for a return valve.
- Wi-Fi capability: Homeowner and contractor can monitor and control the NRCR remotely through a special app with on-off control, setpoint temperature adjustment, error-code checking, energy-consumption tracking, and scale-buildup detection.
- Improved, low-BTU performance: Special programming allows the NRCR to maintain stable outlet water temperatures at input levels well below the listed burner minimum of 18,000 Btu/h. This unique, energy-saving feature — found in no other tankless water heater currently available — is ideal for recirculation applications, which so often involve warm water returning to the water heater for reheating. A special control mode directs the unit to bring that warm water back to the setpoint with minimal energy consumption.
- Separate digital display enables easier monitoring of water heater operations by the homeowner, as well as easier troubleshooting for service tech personnel.
- cCS-V Crossover Valve Kit: This simple-to-install component effectively provides hot water recirculation without the need for a conventional, dedicated return line from the farthest fixture to the water heater.
Specifications: The NRCR92-DV has a capacity range of 0.5 to 9.2 gallons per minute (gpm) and a maximum flow rate of 9.2 gpm at a 35°F rise; the larger NRCR111-DV has a range of 0.5 to 11.1 gpm with a maximum flow rate of 11.1 gpm at a 35°F rise. Both models are Energy Star-listed, with certifications from CSA, UPC, NSF, and AHRI.
Constructed of hot-dipped, zinc-aluminum-magnesium-alloy-coated steel with a polyester coating, both NRCR models weigh only 73 pounds. Unit dimensions are: 27 inches H x 18.5 inches W x 14.1 inches D for both.
Also available: The Noritz Quick Connect option enables plumbing installers to combine two units in a single residential application, with no buffer tank required.
For more information, visit: https://www.noritz.com/nrcr/
# # #
For more information on the full line of Noritz tankless water heating products, visit www.noritz.com. You can also telephone us at 866.766.7489 or e-mail us at [email protected].
For editorial assistance, contact John O’Reilly at GreenHouse Digital + PR, 28 Kansas Street, Suite 2C, Frankfort, IL 60423; tel.: 815.469.9100; e-mail: [email protected].
NORITZ AMERICA CORPORATION, a subsidiary of Noritz Japan, has corporate offices in Fountain Valley, Calif., and Atlanta, offering a full line of tankless water heaters and high efficiency combination boilers to meet the hot water demands of residential and commercial applications. Noritz supports its products with a national network of skilled representatives and employees who are committed to providing the finest products and services to our communities by helping consumers live in a more comfortable, efficient and healthy lifestyle. For more information on Noritz America and the entire line of Noritz’s ENERGY STAR®tankless water heaters, please call (877) 986-6748 or visit our website at www.noritz.com.
NRCR Condensing Tankless Water Heater: Premium solution to meet the growing demand for hot-water recirculation. Download Lo-Res Image
Download Hi-Res Image
NRCR Condensing Tankless Water Heater: Premium solution to meet the growing demand for hot-water recirculation.
Download Lo-Res Image